Friday, October 30, 2009
These are photo tiles I did for each of the girls in the band flute section. I had a hard time keeping the ink from bleeding. I tried every suggestion I got! No matter what I did, if I put mod podge on top of the photo, the colors would bleed. What I finally did was use mod podge to apply the photo to the tile (printed on tissue paper) and then just used several coats of acrylic sealer on top. I also coated the tissue paper photos with a light coat of sealer, BEFORE I adhered them to the tile. The first few I did had a lot of wrinkles in them, but I got better as I went along. These were smooth ceramic tiles I had. I think it might have worked better with stone tiles too. It was definitely a learning experience!!!!