Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Friday, June 18, 2010
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
The box is made of 4, 8 X10 wood picture frames from Walmart ($3 each), nailed to a cube frame made from 1 x1 lumber with a brad nailer. (My husband did that part! Remove the glass first.)
The bottom and top were cut from 1/4" plywood. Then we attached a lazy Susan piece from Lowes.
Then I spray painted the whole thing white.
For the lid we cut a slot for the cards with a jigsaw, gave it a coat of paint, coated the lid with spray adhesive, and covered it with sand. Then shells were hot glued on top.
The letters were cut from black vinyl with my cricut and scal 2 using the monotype corsiva font, and applied to the outside of the frames.
I hope you enjoyed todays project!
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
It was quick and easy. I cu the words with scal 2 and my cricut out of black contact paper. The photo I printed myself, using paer called "super B" size-its 13 x 19!!!! The quality was amazing. Then I just used netting and ribbon around the edges.
Monday, June 14, 2010
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Our challenge this week was to use the paint on acrylic or acetate. I found this challenging since I cannot freehand paint anything! I ended up stamping my image on the acrylic frame and heat embossed it. Then I just filled in my image with the paint.