Monday, January 24, 2011

Victoria's Secret Box file, and some cut and print experiments!

Here is the scal2 file I promised for the box.  

Below are some pictures of my recent box files combined with the cut and print scal feature (video down a few posts)  I've included a separate file for them in case anyone is brave and wants to try it out!  Placement is still tricky.  I think  it is just because there are so many variables-how your printer grabs the paper each time, how your mat loads each time....  But I think it holds a lot of potential, and am looking forward to trying lots of projects with it.  It has certainly helped me understand  and feel more comfortable with using 
the layers feature!  The vs box was just done on white cardstock, and the mailbox was done on pink cardstock.

This one printed dead on!

I love that it colored in the petal sections.  So much easier and cleaner than a separate layer.

The red one was a little off, but not too bad
I love how this turned out.  It is just a single sheet of pink cardstock.  All the details are printed.
VS box cut and print file
mailbox cut and print file






16 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have been a busy lady. thanks ever so much for sharing your time and talent. these boxes look great.
glenda

Stacy said...

Denise,
These boxes are fabulous. I watched your video and you explained everything so well. I have not tried the print and cut yet, but I am dying to.
Thanks for sharing
Stacy

Anonymous said...

very, very pretty
PJ(Jessie Adams)

Pam said...

Thanks so much for the box file. I can't seem to get it to cut right tho. I assume there is a score line at the bottom of the box. When I cut this out it totally cuts that whole bottom section off (the bottom flaps
Everywhere I would think it would fold it just cuts apart.
Am I doing something wrong?

Denise Hill said...

Pam,
You need to shut off the "score" layers while you cut, and the "cut"
layers while you score. Here is a link to my video that explains how to score
http://paperpastime.blogspot.com/2010/01/pillow-box-file-instructions-video.html

Unknown said...

Adorable boxes! Are you going to offer this as an SVG file?

Denise Hill said...

I can export it as an svg file if you need me to. The only problem with that is it creates a lot more layers, which can be a pain, and I can only do 1 page at a time. I know mtc users can import scut files, but if you need the svg, I'll see what I can do.

micki542 said...

I would love to have both these files as svg. If possible. You are a very talented lady.

Barbara said...

Sure wish you could do this as a GSD file for Silhouette users! This is just darling! Sigh.

Evan's Eclipse said...

If it is a lot of work don't worry about it, I use Funtime Software so I can't use the scal format, but there is no reason for you to do a lot of work for just me. I was just wondering if you had stopped offering svg files because I really like your files. Loved all the wedding things you did and I love boxes also.

Denise Hill said...

I will see about getting an svg posted later today

Unknown said...

Denise, I love your files! Thanks for being generous and sharing your talent! I have a question about your scal2 file. There are different pages for the tall and short boxes and for decorations for both, I think I can figure out how to resize the decor for the tall box, but am a little confused about how to resize the smaller decorations.
HELP!!!

Denise Hill said...

I should have mentioned about re-sizing the decorative layers pages-sorry!!!
2 options-selct all the decorative layers, group, copy paste to box page. Select all and re-size everything toegther(make sure keep proportions is selected). Copy decorative layers, and paste them on another page, and delete from the box page.

Or you can resize by percentage, which I feel is easiest. Go to object in the top tool bar, click transform, then scale. There you can opt to enlarge by percent. Start with your box, and find a percent that gets it to the size you want (remember you can use your undo to change back) Then just change the other page by the same percent.

Hope this helps. If you have more questions, just ask!

Evan's Eclipse said...

Thanks for the svg file, I appreciate you hard work.

Tammy said...

These are awesome boxes. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us. Today I am going to work on the print and cut feature in MTC.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful talents with us.