Thursday, December 9, 2010

Candy Cane tags



I made 200 of these.  After our Children's Christmas Program at church, it is a tradition to hand out candy canes to everyone.  We like to add a quick and easy tag just to dress them up a little.  I'm tired of spending hours tying bows for something that will just be thrown out, so I made these tags so they just slip right over the candy cane.  Sorry I had to use a pen, I don't have the candy canes here at the moment and I wanted to get this posted!!!!

I cut the scalloped circles with scal2 & my cricut, made the circular text tags in word and punched them with a 2" punch.  I added adhesive above and below the slits, added the white tag, and put white gel pen dots on the scallops.

scal 2 file
svg file
siggy

4 comments:

Little Scraps of Heaven Designs said...

these are really cute

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on Dec. 09, 2010. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [10 Dec 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Trisha said...

These are very cute! This goes into my idea file for next year, as we do something similar for nursing home residents. Thank you for sharing the svg!!